Friday, June 15, 2012

Song Of The Day: "I Just Can't Stop Loving You" by Michael Jackson (#11)



I love, love, LOVE this song!  I still remember the summer of '87 (August to be exact which was the month after I turned 14) when my favorite radio station at the time world premiered this as the lead single for "Bad" which was set to be released in a few weeks.  I was sitting up front with my mother as she drove (since it was my turn--lol) while my younger sister who was 10 at the time was in the back seat.  I remember my sister and I squealing and squalling like idiots while Michael sang.  That's when my mother told me that she already knew she was going to have to take me to the record store to get "Bad" as soon as it was released.  And she did just that in the weeks that led up to it after picking me up from school.

One of many childhood memories I will ALWAYS cherish.

TGIF!!!

CC
XOXOXO

No comments: