Monday, June 25, 2012

Song Of The Day: "Heaven Can Wait" by Michael Jackson (#1)



Three years ago on this day, the entertainment world suffered a devastating and sudden loss of the greatest entertainer of all time: the INCREDIBLE Michael Jackson. 

Before his passing, this track had become my all-time favorite Michael Jackson song after I purchased "Invincible" during its first week of release.  I immediately put this song on repeat the first time I listened to it because I love the strings in it and the raw passion in his voice; but besides that, this song has always put me in some type of place that I will never be able to explain.  In my opinion, this is the most underrated song he's ever released. 

Until Michael died, I never felt such a painful loss when it came to celebrities (although I did cry when Gerald LeVert passed).  As a matter of fact, my whole family was touched in one way or another because this was Michael Jackson.  I even have an older cousin who nicknamed me Michael Jackson from the time I was a little girl and said I was the first one she thought about when he passed.  This alone shows how he's been a major part of my life and will continue to be forever.

To all of the MJ fans all over the world: today is a day to celebrate the life and legacy of The King Of Pop so let's rep him and do it big on today!  And like he sings, "Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough"!

Love you more, Michael!!!!

CC
XOXOXO



No comments: