Sunday, May 6, 2012

Song Of The Day: "Bless His Soul" by The Jacksons



I have vivid memories of my father constantly playing the entire "Destiny" album and lifting the needle at the end of this paritcular selection several times to replay it. Being 5 or 6 years old at the time I thought it was because this was one of his favorite tunes only.  However, over the years as it turned into one of my favorites as well, I understood the reason why my father would replay it: the lyrics have a powerful message about self love and pleasing yourself and no one else.  Besides, if you're always so busy pleasing others you end up losing yourself in the process.  I'm not ashamed to reveal that I've been guilty of this, but finding myself has been a great and liberating feeling.  That's why I've made a promise to myself to never EVER get lost again.  Okay, let me stop...I tend to lose myself (the irony) in this song whenever I listen to it.

CC
XOXOXO

No comments: