Saturday, May 5, 2012

Life Is Good



1 Thessalonians 5:18 - In everything be thankful, because this is God's will for you in the Messiah Jesus.

Sometimes, I'm guilty of taking my blessings for granted without realizing it.  Nevertheless, I'm always thankful and grateful when I reflect on things during the course of each day I'm blessed with.  Case in point, I recently transitioned into a new position a few weeks ago.  Before making the transition, I was trying to weigh my pros and cons with the number one factor being a cut in pay.  Each time I tried to weigh my options, I would become distracted with something else which would seem less important.  That's when I had my epiphany: it didn't matter about my decrease in income as long as I was happy and didn't have HALF of the stress that I had become accustomed to in the job I had before my transition. 

Along with my epiphany came one of my favorite Bible verses, 2 Corinthians 12:9-10:  But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Since making my transition, I feel like a brand new me and my former co-workers, friends, and family have noticed the change in me as well.  If there's one thing my parents and my maternal grandmother has taught me from as far back as I can remember is to be thankful and grateful in ALL things.  To God be the glory!!!

No comments: